Bios of Presenters at COGENCanada Conference Seminar Wed. Oct.15 and Thurs. Oct.16, 2014|
- Dennis Dmytrow has been the General Manager of Cardinal Power since 1999. He joined the company in 1993 as the Operations Manager and was responsible for the development of the Operations Department during the plant start-up as well as taking an active role in the commissioning of the 156 MW cogeneration facility. Prior to joining Cardinal Power, Mr. Dmytrow was employed for 15-years with E.B. Eddy Forest Products – Ottawa/Hull. He oversaw the maintenance of the paper machines and related equipment in the Hull Divisions and then moved to the energy side. There, he held a position of responsibility for the operations and maintenance of a First Class Steam Plant, Filtration Plant, Effluent Treatment Plant and two Hydro-Electric Power Plants
- Manfred Klein Now a consultant recently retired as Program Coordinator for Energy & Environment with the Gas Turbine Labs of the National Research Council of Canada (NRC-GTL) and is a recognized gas turbine expert with 30 years of concentration in GT applications and emissions. Following graduation with a B. Eng in Mech & Aero Engineering from Carleton University in 1980, Manfred spent 11 years with the National Energy Board, involved in design assessment of natural gas pipelines, compressor stations and combined cycles. From 1991 to 2007 with Environment Canada he was dealing with gas turbine air emission guidelines, industrial energy and cogeneration issues, and environmental assessments. For 2006-09 he chaired the Canadian Industrial Gas Turbine Applications (IAGT) committee, is a former Chair of the International ASME-IGTI Environmental Affairs committee, and a member of the CGA natural gas environmental research committee (CEPEI)
- Charles Robb, P. Eng., B Eng, B. Computer Math. CMP, Certified Microsoft Systems Engineer, Vice-President of COGENCanada Completion of essentially all of the Certified Management Accountants program COGENCanada Vice President. Charles is a Thermal Analyst and Financial Analyst. He helped Foster Wheeler design Heat Recovery Steam Generators and has extensive experience in computer applications in cogeneration feasibility studies, industrial energy audits and industrial energy management
- Dr. Bernard MacIsaac, PhD, P Eng.(Bernie MacIsaac) CEO , Gas Tops Ltd., a firm which specializes in gas turbine performance and health monitoring , training simulators and condition based maintenance. GasTOPS Ltd. is active in the electrical energy sector, the oil & gas sector and in aerospace. Bernie studied under and has worked with Herb Saravanamuttoo on gas turbine research projects for decades. Bernard was awared the C.D. Howe and Romeo Vachon Awards respectively for outstanding achievements.
- Keith Quach M. Eng, P. Eng., CEM is a registered Professional Engineer in Quebec and Ontario, and a Certified Energy Manager by theAssociation of Energy Engineers. He was with the Forestry and Energy Industries Directorate at Industry Canada promoting technology innovation and industrial competitiveness. He was also the manager of the Pilot Emission Removals Reduction Initiative at Environment Canada (EC) which was a program that the federal government launched to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by supporting emission reduction projects in the private sector. Before joining EC, he was a senior energy engineer and senior industry officer with the Office of Energy Efficiency at Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). One of his responsibilities was to provide strategic analysis to NRCan's senior management on how to promote Combined Heat and Power/Co-Generation in Canada to increase energy efficiency. Prior to joining the Federal Government, Keith worked for several engineering firms in the pulp and paper sector supplying heat recovery systems to pulp and paper mills in Quebec, USA, Korea and China, in the aerospace sector to research a more efficient airplane engine combustor and in other sectors. His earlier experience included working as a Millwright for Stearns Catalytic at Shell, Edmonton and Suncor, Fort McMurray in the oil and gas sector
- Richard Lampron - speaks fluent French & English- Richard has many years of energy systems design and management in oil refining and pulp and paper. He was Energy Engineer for Kruger Inc.Rivieres. and he until recently headed a firm of energy consultants Opti Conseil near Becancour Quebec. He sold the firm but still does consulting with them and teaches at the University of Quebec at Trois Riveres. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Matthews P. Eng., B.ENG., Chem Eng.; Msc Chem. Eng., Chem Engineer/Economist international oil and gas, oil refining, petrochemicals, ethanol etc., speaks English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. He has done Studies of Cogeneration based Eco Industrial Networks in Canada. email@example.com
- Aqeel Zaidi, P.Eng., CEM, CMVP, Energy Solutions Manager: Aqeel has over 30 years of professional engineering experience in the energy industry, primarily dealing with industrial energy efficiency, demand side management, energy management, cogeneration, energy auditing, industrial boilers, steam plants, industrial process equipment, emerging technologies and renewable energy. Over the years, he has applied his significant knowledge and expertise of industrial manufacturing processes, thermal energy engineering, combustion and heat transfer to develop custom solutions that help industrial customers enhance plant efficiencies. Aqeel has a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Manitoba. Aqeel is currently chair of the Boiler Burner Consortium, past Chair of the Energy Cost Reduction Committee of the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC) and is an active member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, Ontario Society of Professional Engineers, Association of Energy Engineers, and Energy Solutions Center.